101 N. Garden Ave
Clearwater, Florida 33755
You are responsible for designing cost-effective, high-quality products to continuously elevate our brand. This will include customizing existing products or engineering from scratch. This involves research, compatibility testing and collaborating with production in order to design our products for optimal quality and manufacturability.
This is a very active, key position in our company and integral part of our brand that will require dedication, interest in new design and technologies with achievements of deadlines -- this is not an 8-5 desk job, this is a professional commitment for someone that wants to create and deliver quality designs.
Contact Name: Yohana Gardner
Contact Phone: 727-213-0410 Ext 207
Job Duties include, but not limited to:
- Become familiar with our products, while learning and understanding the lighting, electrical standards and technology.
- Work in close collaboration with production, manufacturing, technical lab and other engineers for the design of products for optimal quality and manufacturability.
- Test and validate the performance of the product design with prototypes, simulations, calculations, etc.
- Produce component, welding and assembly drawings.
- Create simple and easy to read work instructions for production.
- Work with technical support to resolve and troubleshoot product issues. Documenting and implementing solutions.
- Train production personnel as needed for manufacturing and assembly.
- Provide technical documentation, such as installation instructions and wiring diagrams for use internally and externally by the end-user/installer.
- Design aesthetically pleasing 3D model concepts for new products or product improvements.
- Manage new product safety certifications as well as maintaining current listings through Intertek.
- Your job will be evaluated based on the quality of well certified products with all relevant documentation.
Required experience & qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or higher is required (or equivalent) with minimum of 2-years design work experience and portfolio.
- Proficient and certified in SolidWorks.
- Experience with the National Electrical Code (NEC). Knowledge of product safety compliance regulations (ETL and/or UL).
- Experience with thermal analysis is a plus. Must be able to consider thermal management on product designs.
- LED lighting experience is a plus.
- Experience designing parts for die-cast, injection molding, extrusion and CNC machining.
- Excellent written and oral communication, you will have to be clear and precise in documentation and instructions.
- Must be able to work with tools, mechanically inclined in order to assemble prototypes and products.
- Able to work in a team-based environment, collaborate with Engineers, Production, Sales and Support personnel.
Drug Free Workplace:
We are a Florida Drug Free Workplace. The company requires all employees to complete a pre-employment 10 panel drug screen; employment status will be dependent on ability to pass this screening and partake on a quarterly random screen.
Hours, compensation and benefits:
Full-time in-house, on-site salaried position, expected to complete and meet expected deliverables and deadlines. Salary for this position begins at $85,000, negotiable based on skills and experience.
After waiting period employees become eligible for Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, paid holidays and paid time off that increase with longevity.
Complimentary coffee, kitchen and vending machines on site; Newly renovated and open workspaces located in downtown Clearwater with restaurants and coffee shops in walking distance.