101 N. Garden Ave
Clearwater, Florida 33755
The HR Assistant’s main focus is employee training, coaching and professional development. The HR Assistant is involved with nearly all programs and services related to the HR Division, this position is primarily responsible for providing support to company employees and make sure they grow professionally and are engaged in order to support company growth and innovation.
Contact Name: Yohana Gardner
Contact Phone: 727-213-0410 ext 207
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain strict confidentiality with regards to all personnel matters. Must have highest trust and confidence of Management and employees.
- Be flexible with changing deadlines and a fast-paced environment as required by work priorities.
- Employee training, coaching and development - training program research and preparation.
- Perform basic HR customer service functions by answering general employee requests and questions related to basic employee handbook, benefits, PTO, vacation and so on.
- Assist in hiring process such as resume screening, phone interviews.
- Perform new employee on boarding and orientations.
- Employee training, coaching and development - training program preparation.
- Assist with daily and weekly inspections for compliances to policies and standards.
Required experience & qualifications:
- A strong understanding of basic HR principles with 2 year minimum experience in HR and general business (no new grads or entry level).
- Must have experience with and have previous performance in employee training and development — this will be primary focus for this position. Research, develop, compile and propose training seminars and employee professional development.
- Must have excellent written and spoken communication — must be clear and precise.
- Strong interpersonal relationships, confident in basic conflict resolution and public speaking for training seminars and meetings.
- Strong computer skills including Excel and Word processing applications, must be able to confidently prepare Power Point presentations for training seminars. We are primarily an Apple (vs Windows) environment.
- Must be able to confidently enforce company policies without creating upsets, but using good communication and positive reinforcement.
Drug Free Workplace:
We are a Florida Drug Free Workplace. The company requires all employees to complete a pre-employment 10 panel drug screen; employment status will be dependent on ability to pass this screening and partake on quarterly random screen.
Hours, compensation and benefits:
Full-time in-house, on-site salaried position, expected to complete and meet expected deliverables and deadlines. Salary for this position begins at $45,000, negotiable based on skills and experience.
After 90-day waiting period employees become eligible for Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, paid holidays and paid time off that increase with longevity.
Perks: Complimentary coffee, kitchen and vending machines on site; Newly renovated and open workspaces located in downtown Clearwater with restaurants and coffee shops in walking distance.